The initial target for ATSE is to accelerate the maturity of the Arm ecosystem for supporting ASC computing and the high-performance computing community more broadly. The goal is to build an integrated optimized software stack that includes:
- Application development environment and libraries
- Compilers, math libraries, tools, MPI, OpenMP
- Low-level system software
- Optimized Linux, network stack, file systems, containers, virtual machines
- Job scheduling and management
- workload manager, application launcher, user tools
- System administration and management
- booting, monitoring, image management
- Vanguard Astra: Maturing the ARM Software Ecosystem for US DOE/ASC Supercomputing. Kevin T. Pedretti, James H. Laros III, Simon Hammond, Invited talk at the 2018 Workshop on Communication Architectures for HPC, Big Data, Deep Learning, and Clouds at Extreme Scale, June 2018.
- Maturing the ARM Software Ecosystem for US DOE/ASC Supercomputing. Kevin T. Pedretti, James H. Laros III, Simon Hammond, 2018 SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, March 2018.